Why am I getting an error saying "VIN is already in use"?
- If you previously started posting a car listing using the same VIN and didn't complete the posting process, the listing may be "In Progress". Check your My Listings page to see if the listing is in progress, if it is you can edit the listing to continue posting or delete the listing and start over.
- If you don't see any listings In Progress on your account, contact our team at email@example.com or 801-333-7422 so we can look into it further for you.
What is a featured ad?
- For $10 per day, you can have your car ad highlighted at the top of the cars page associated with your make and model. Users that see the ad can click on it to see your full ad. This allows you to draw additional attention to your ad, increasing the likelihood of selling your car quickly.
How many times will my ad be seen?
- It all depends on how you decide to target your ad. When you buy an ad, you decide what make and model to target. Your ad will then be seen by all users that are searching for that make and model. Obviously, some searches are more common than others, and the ads targeted to the more popular searches will be seen more often.
- Users that haven't searched for a make and model will see some random featured ads for that day. Hence, even if you are targeting an uncommon make and model, you will still receive some exposure.
What kind of response will I get?
- It largely depends on the type of car you're advertising and the price you've set. If you are selling a popular type of car, then you will get a larger response. Likewise, a low price will get more results than a high price.
- Overall, featured ads seem get an average of 30-50 clicks, though it varies widely depending on the ad. Each of those clicks likely represents a person that is interested in more information about your car.
- Keep in mind that, even if a person clicks on your featured ad, they might not contact you. The purpose of the featured ad is to tease people into reading your full car ad, and they might not be interested in buying your car if they don\'t like what they see.
How do I track the performance of my featured ad?
- You can see how many views and favorites your featured ads have received by going to My Listings.
Can I target a different make and model than my car's make and model?
- No, your listing will be featured in the make and model section for the vehicle posted.
How can I increase the performance of my ad?
- Obviously, lowering the price of your car will have a big impact.
- Having a great picture is important too. Many people will initially be drawn to the ad based on how attractive the picture is. Washing and waxing your car, having good lighting, and using an appealing backdrop are all good ideas. Don't try to abuse the system, though; offensive, distasteful, or unrelated pictures will likely get you banned from the system.
Can I change which car I'm featuring? For example, could I pay $10 and feature one car in the morning and a different ad at night?
- Unfortunately no. Once you set up a featured ad for a particular car ad, the system will not allow you to change it.
Can I get a refund if my ad performs poorly?
- No. Refunds are only offered in the case of technical problems (e.g. double-billing). Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you think there has been a technical problem.
I'm a car dealer, what does it cost to list my inventory on KSL Cars?
- Listing up to 2 vehicles on KSL Cars is free. If you wish to list more than 2 vehicles, you have some options, depending on how many more vehicles you want to list and which "extras" you want on your listings.
- If you would like to list your vehicles on your own - one at a time - you can do so by purchasing a block of listings called a Limit. If you would like to purchase a Limit, please email us at email@example.com and we'll put you in touch with one of our Account Executives to discuss options.
- If you are interested in learning more about KSL Cars' dealer packages, please submit your request here http://ads.ksl.com/ and one of our Account Executives will get back with you.
So what is an aggregator feed?
- Many dealerships use a web based software system to keep track of their inventory. We call these systems aggregators. They can often export that inventory directly to KSL Cars in a format that we call a "feed."
- If you do not currently have an aggregator feed set up, let us know - we might be able to help you find one that will work for you and your business (KSL Cars does not provide aggregator services, but we do have contact with a number of existing aggregators and may be able to suggest one that might work for you).
How do you handle billing for paid listings on KSL Cars?
- Paid listings are billed to a credit card of your choice. Billings occur monthly, on the anniversary date of your first payment.
Can I repost my ads so they appear at the top of listings?
- The KSL Cars Terms of Service allow listings to be reposted when they have been on the site at least 14 days.
- The one exception to this rule is a special feature in one of the Dealer packages that allows for listings to be reposted at 7 days. If you're interested in getting more information about this and other packages, contact us directly by clicking here http://ads.ksl.com/ and one of our Account Executives will get back with you.