What constitutes a strike
- Objectionable content: A strike will be given if the following details are inside of the listing: direct requests for money, gifts, or other items (without an exchange for a good or service), pranks, profanity, defamation, inappropriate images, inappropriate language and other inappropriate details
- Roadblocking: A strike will be given if the user is maliciously posting listing in sequential order for the purpose of monopolizing a page (Work with Hoopes for potential reporting around this)
- Exceeding listing limits: A strike will be given if a user exceeds listings limits inside of the associated vertical they are listing in.
- Listing outside of the correct vertical: A strike will be given if the listing is outside of a vertical to avoid paying for that listing or the users I listing in multiple verticals for the purpose of getting additional exposure.
- Reposting: A strike will be given if the user creates 3 or more listings to increase exposure and does them within 14 days of the original post being listed. (Build reporting around this)
- Price gouging: Price gouging strikes will only be given for the following items in relation to a state of emergency; Toilet Paper, Hand Sanitizer and Face Masks
- Selling illegal items: This includes items that are Illegal according to state and federal guidelines such as; illegal drugs, medications, counterfeit items, prescriptions, etc.
Any actions that break terms outside of the list above will result in the listing being removed but a strike will not be given. These would be constituted as misdemeanor infractions. Listed below are some common trends:
- Listing items within the free section that aren’t free
- Selling more than one item on a listing
- Auction listing
- Incorrect price
Be aware that listings that are morally objectionable can result in an immediate ban. The following items described below if displayed in the listing would be considered as morally objectionable:
- Use of profanity, defamation, inappropriate images, inappropriate language
- Listing for adult goods or services
- Listings that break state or federal laws.
If you see any of these practices please work with your leadership to discuss and action the account
Account processing and communication post-strike identification
- Review previous notations for additional strikes against the user
- Document the strike in the user's member notes within OSS with the following information:
- Next steps
- Strike Number (1, 2, 3, etc.)
A 1 strike per day policy will be in play with the caveat of morally objectionable listings.
Other communication/warnings with users outside of CX efforts will not be considered as a strike.
Sales Client Vs. Regular User
- If the user is a paid account, reach out to the Account Executive via slack so they can work with the user to make the appropriate modifications.
- Provide the user and Account Executive with 48 hours to modify the listing prior to actioning the account or listing.
- If user self moderates no strikes will be given
Account actions for three or more strikes
- If the users again breaks terms post-6-month ban reactivation, a lifetime ban will be placed on the account
All customer account bans will result from the guidelines above and through the customer support team unless the ban is due to non-payment
Abuse Queue Moderation